Neighbourhoods Together - Quartiers main dans la main is a series of simple, COVID-safe neighbourhood-based activities to connect with your neighbours and do something positive together. Each time your neighbourhood participates in an activity, you will be entered into a draw for a neighbourhood prize to be awarded in summer 2021!
OCTOBER 2020: Messages of Hope and Kindness
Uplift your neighbours with messages of hope and kindness. It's easy to take part!
1) Talk to your neighbours about organizing a ‘Messages of Hope and Kindness’ activity in your neighbourhood. Your neighbourhood could be your block, your street, the floor of your apartment building, your row of townhouses….whatever makes sense for you.
2) Drop off a flyer to your neighbours inviting them to take part. You can download a template from our toolkit and edit it to suit your neighbourhood.
3) Get creative and put up some messages of hope and kindness! There are lots of possibilities from posters in your window, lawn signs, sidewalk chalk, and yarn art. Be sure to include some hearts in your display for a neighbourhood “Happy Heart Hunt.” Think about planting some bulbs where they can be seen from the sidewalk, for some happy surprises in the spring. If your neighbourhood would like to, collect items for Sudbury Street Arts to support low-income, homeless and/or street involved residents.
4) Enjoy! Take some walks around the neighbourhood to see all the creations. Do a Happy Heart Hunt with family and friends and count how many hearts you can find along the way.
5) Share pictures from your neighbourhood activity during October. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture, a short note about your activity, and the identity of your neighbourhood. Or, post on social media with the hashtag #NeighbourhoodsTogether, and identify your neighbourhood (e.g. street or neighbourhood name). Posts can be made on twitter or Instagram, on in the Project Impact Facebook group.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE TOOLKIT
Watch for more activities!
Register your neighbourhood to get invited to participate in all the Neighbourhood Together activities.