An engaged community is a healthy, sustainable community
When citizens are engaged, they work together to make their community better. When citizens are included in the decisions that impact them, decisions are better because they are based on the knowledge of the people living there. Community groups bring a wealth of knowledge and volunteer energy to our communities.
Citizens and community groups need:
- Clear communication and timely and easy access to information about their community
- To be meaningfully included in the decisions that impact them
- To be supported in making positive contributions to their community.
Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury advocates for citizens and community stakeholders to be meaningfully included in municipal decisions, and to have access to information. For example, we successfully advocated for Council agendas to be posted with more notice.
We help citizens and community groups be engaged, by providing information on how to find information and have your say.
We support people in making a positive difference in their communities. For example, Project Impact supports people with small community projects with a big impact. Check out some of the wonderful projects your fellow citizens have made happen here.
We engage people in hands-on volunteering to plant trees, do clean-ups and more.
We also get together to do our own small projects with a positive difference, like planting rain gardens with students.
- Join us in supporting meaningful engagement in the decisions that affect us
- Let your councillor know that it is important to you
- Get engaged in your community - join a community group, or get together with friends and neighbours to make positive things happen where you live
- Take action!
Not sure where to start or which groups are in your area? We can help.