We advocate for the policies and decisions that will make our community more sustainable. Our vision is that sustainability and engagement becomes 'business as usual' in Greater Sudbury.
During this term of Council, our main focus for advocacy is:
- WATER and NATURE: Protecting the lakes and rivers that are the lifeblood of nature, and on which we depend for drinking water, boating, swimming, and enjoyment. Protecting our watersheds and greenspaces. Parks for people.
- CLIMATE CHANGE: Taking action to do what is necessary to reduce carbon emissions and be resilient in the face of climate change.
- CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT: Giving all of us a meaningful voice in our community, easy access to information about our municipal government, and support in making positive change where we live.
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORTATION: Making it safe and convenient for all of us to get around our city, whether on foot, on a bicycle, with a wheelchair or scooter, on the bus, or in our motor vehicle.
We chose these topics because they require timely action, and are top of mind for local citizens and community groups. Healthy people, healthy environment, climate change, an equitable society - it's all connected.
We provide comments on polices and development applications to support a sustainable community. For example, we advocate for: meaningful citizen engagement; sidewalks, bike routes and transit; protecting wetlands and natural heritage; keeping development out of floodplains; keeping rural land viable for farming; and being smart about where growth is directed.
You can make a difference. Share your care for these issues:
- Tell your Councillor: to represent you, they need to know what is important to you.
- Write a letter to the editor: make it part of the community conversation.
- Talk to your friends, family and neighbours.
- Join us: strengthen the voice for a sustainable community
Subscribe to our newsletter and Action Updates to keep informed on how to make an impact.
When we act together, we can make change happen.