We can all make our community better.
We act to create positive change with partners in our community.
In Walk Sudbury, we put up wayfinding signs for 16 walking routes, created with community members.
In Rain Barrels and Rain Gardens, we partnered with other water stewards to build two rain gardens at Adamsdale Public School. Every student from kindergarden to grade 6 took part! They helped protect Ramsey Lake, where they love to swim and get their drinking water, while making their schoolyard more beautiful. Their dedication to this project helped them win the Ugliest Schoolyard Contest to transform their schoolyard, and connected them with volunteers who continue to support students in growing food for their families.
With our partners, we supported a community led courtyard mural and regreening project at Place Hurtubise playground and housing.
Working together to build the community we want to live in, we:
- empower ourselves and others to make positive change
- we show what is possible and inspire more projects and bigger changes
- we connect as a community, make relationships, and become stronger together
You can make a difference!
Have you ever been inspired by a project that would make your neighbourhood better? A clean up? A mural? Benches? A little free library? A block party? Get together with your friends and neighbours and just do it! Get inspired by some of the small projects with a big impact your fellow residents have done through Project Impact.
There are so many people in Greater Sudbury working together to make a positive difference. It's easy to join in!
- Join us and take part in the CLS projects that spark your interest
- Sign up for the Earth Crew and hear about hands on outdoor volunteer opportunities like tree plantings, community garden clean ups, and more.
- Connect with a community group in your area
- Sign up for our newsletters and Action Updates to hear about lots of great opportunities to get involved
Not sure what groups are in your neighbourhood or match your interests? We can help.